Gastlandschaften Rheinland-Pfalz


Infrastructuur

Dikasterialgebäude | Koblenz

Elector Franz Georg Schönborn had the baroque,

palatial dicasterial building erected at the foot of the Ehrenbreitstein in the

middle of the 18th century. The plans for it came from the famous master

builder Balthasar Neumann.

 

 

The building originally stood in the immediate

vicinity of Schloss Philippsburg, then one of the most important and largest

baroque buildings on the Rhine. In 1801 Schloss Philippsburg was destroyed by

the French, but the dicasterial building was preserved.

 

 

The secular administrative building of the

Elector of Trier housed, among other things, the Electoral Court. In the

meantime, the building also served as a residence, troop quarters, military

hospital, seat of the Nassau government and food magazine. In 1936 the

dicasterial building was rebuilt for office purposes. It was partially

destroyed during the Second World War and rebuilt in 1947.

You can reach us at:

Dikasterialgebäude
Hofstraße 257a
56077 Koblenz

Phone
e-mail

Dikasterialgebäude Totalansicht (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH - Piel, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH) Dikasterialgebäude Mittelrisalit (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH) Dikasterialgebäude Giebel (Foto: Koblenz Touristik GmbH, Quelle: Koblenz-Touristik GmbH)
Aankomst met trein
bahn.de - Anreiseformular