The Roman Catholic Church, consecrated on 19 May 1904, was erected as a monumental building in neo-Romanesque forms with Gothic elements on the foundations of the Löhrtor, in order to be able to offer religious pastoral care to the rapidly growing urban population. The main façade with double towers was aligned by the architect Ludwig Becker towards Löhrstraße and the old town, the choir to the south. The basilica is crowned by a crossing tower and two choir towers. After its destruction in World War II, it was slightly simplified and rebuilt between 1950 and 1953. In 2011 the interior was renovated on a large scale. Today it belongs to the parish community Koblenz-Innenstadt Trinity in the deanery Koblenz of the diocese Trier.
Herz Jesu Kirche