neo-Gothic basilica built by the architect Joseph Kleesattel from Düsseldorf is
the highest building in Koblenz, with a 93-metre-high one-tower facade, quoting
medieval Gothic works such as the Freiburg Muenster or the cathedral of Reims.
The Catholic church, clad in tuff blocks, has been the centre of the southern
suburb since 1898 and, like the Herz-Jesu-Kirche, faces south. The long
reconstruction after the Second World War was only finished on 07 February
1954. Further renovations were carried out from 1979 to 1982 and from 2003 to
belongs to the parish community of Koblenz-City Trinity in the deanery of
Koblenz of the diocese of Trier.